Tuesday, May 03, 2011

I'm sensing a theme here...

I am far from thrilled at the joyful reaction I and everyone else is having over the death of Osama Bin Laden. I mean, think about it. The United States military went into a foreign country and murdered a man in cold blood. On the other hand, it was Bin Laden! So I am conflicted that I can feel so good and so horrible at the same time. However, it has given us some amusing Oz commentary. For instance, there's this political cartoon by Milt Priggee (he created it yesterday, but it ran in my local paper today). And then there was Stephen Colbert's great use of a certain couple of film clips to make the same point. I suspect we'll see a few more variations on this theme. If you spot any others, leave word in the comments, and if there are enough, maybe there will be a follow-up post.

No comments: