Saturday, August 07, 2010

The Cake Wrecks of Oz

One of my favorite blogs that (usually) has nothing to do with Oz is Cake Wrecks, which documents in a wonderfully snarky way the horrors of professionally produced cakes that are inaccurate, misleading, wrong, or otherwise just plain bad. But I came to the party late, and never went back to the start and saw them all. So when I bought the book (and at the price Amazon has it for now, how could you not get yourself a copy?), I was happy to see an Oz cake. So yes, I checked the blog archives, and... well, here it is. But wait, there's more! That post had a link to an earlier one, about Supermom trying to put on a Wizard of Oz party, and how and how her arch nemesis Diabolical Decorator of Doom almost defeated her (which I've actually featured on this blog before), right here. (Hey, I said it was a snarky blog.) Go, read, cringe but enjoy. Perhaps Jen will collect some terrific Oz cakes and compile them into one of her Sunday Sweets columns some time.

No comments: