Thursday, September 10, 2009

Here comes...Halloween?

It may still only be early September, but I spent much of the afternoon, home sick, updating my website's Halloween store. I always try to set it up now to get word out about patterns for those who want to make Oz costumes, and also to get people thinking about Oz costumes early, so that they are more likely to come back and get something later. I think I may now make more money off of my website's shop during Halloween than Christmas. Well this year I found all kinds of fun new things. There are some new latex masks, I shamelessly put in pet costumes for the first time, and there are two new costumes: The Wicked Witch's Winkie guards and the Yellow Brick Road! Plus, a few new books, notably a new reprint edition of The Pearl and the Pumpkin, a book co-written and illustrated by W. W. Denslow not long after he and Baum split up after disagreements over the stage version of The Wizard of Oz. I also have a donation link for my own Trick or Treat for UNICEF fund. So what are you still doing reading this blog? Go take a look already.

No comments: