In case you haven't already seen it, here's a skit from last weekend's edition of Saturday Night Live with a special Ozzy guest star!
- Where's Baum's big ol' walrus mustache?
- Why is Baum writing with his right hand? Baum was left-handed.
- Why is he writing in the streets of New York? He was based in Chicago, and didn't spend a lot of time in New York so far as I know.
- If he's actually writing The Wonderful Wizard of Oz, it would not be the early 1900s. The manuscript was completed in 1899, and published in 1900. But maybe this is another, later book.
- And that's not a terribly knowledgeable Oz expert if he doesn't correct the host's mention of Dorothy's ruby slippers. (I'm sure you all know that they were silver shoes in the book.) Since L. Frank Baum decorated show windows before turning to writing full time, maybe he was just admiring the fine job they did.