With the surprising vote in Kansas last week to keep the right to an abortion in the state constitution, editorial cartoonists had a field day. And since it was in Kansas, you can guess what the topic of many of the cartoons was!
- The vote was on August 2. Dave Whamond appears to be the first out the gate, with a cartoon that very day. (Well the results were pretty clear early on, as it was nowhere near as close as most pundits thought it would be.) Two days later, Nick Anderson seems to have had a similar idea.
- The day after the vote, Clay Jones had this cartoon and blog post.
- Also the day after the vote, David Cohen had this comment from the Supreme Court.
- That same day in The New Yorker, David Ostow took a different approach, but definitely got the point across.
- And finally, Bill Bramhall did this little number for us.