Saturday, June 05, 2021

What Ozzy Thing Am I Doing Now?

I've had to sit on this one for a while, but now it's been made public and I can share it with the world. I'm sure I must have mentioned here that I recently acquired a copy of one of L. Frank Baum's rarer and more obscure titles, Father Goose's Year Book. I wrote to Pumpernickel Pickle, reprinters of old Oz items, to see if they were interested in a reprint. Much to my surprise, Marcus, the brains behind PP called me within minutes of sending the e-mail. Oh, yeah, he was interested! There were a few hoops to jump through, but it's out now, available in a nice hardcover edition. I don't know if the informative afterward that I wrote for it, talking about Baum's career and how the whole Father Goose phenomenon fits into it, is extra incentive to buy one or a reason to pause and say, "Do I really need this?" but it is there. But proceeds go towards funding OzCon International, so plese feel free to buy two or three copies.

No comments: