Sunday, January 28, 2018

Oz in Jeopardy!

Yes, I have once again fallen behind on my blogging of Oz references on Jeopardy!, America's favorite answer-and-question quiz show. But I'm at least nowhere as far behind as I got last year, either. So I will try to blog a clue or two a week until I catch up or run out, whichever comes first.
Unlike me, Jeopardy! didn't waste any time getting into Oz during its thirty-fourth (!!!) season, as this clue showed up in only the second game of the season, on September 12, 2017. It was the $800 clue in the category Multiple Roles, Same Film, during the Double Jeopardy! round:

The defending champion, Laura, rang in first and correctly responded, "What is The Wizard of Oz?" She went on to win the game, thus confirming my theory that those who get the Oz clues right go on to win the games (or, conversely, those who get them wrong go on to lose). However, this theory rarely actually works. Hmm, maybe this would be a good time to start actually keeping track, however.

No comments: