Thursday, November 10, 2016

Today's Oz Political Cartoon

This is a blog about The Wizard of Oz and all that that encompasses. L. Frank Baum entitled the final chapter of Tik-Tok of Oz, after Betsy Bobbin and Hank the Mule have come to Oz to live permanently, "The Land of Love", with all kinds of examples in it of what makes Oz a land of love, where everyone can be who they are and who they want to be without being judged or ostracized. Now, I do my best to be apolitical on this blog, and the only reason I present political cartoons is if they're about Oz (usually inspired by The Movie). Both Donald Trump and Hillary Clinton (and, if I recall correctly, Bernie Sanders early in the process) have been roasted over the coals, so I hope I have also been balanced. But man, I did not expect that result earlier this week. It looks like almost nobody did. But I think Sean Delonas (he of the rich painted cartoons, with lots of colors and textures and stuff you don't normally see in the newspapers) summed things up pretty well in this cartoon. But man, I wish Hillary were portraying Dorothy and Donald was the one with the dialogue in this one.

No comments: