Sunday, August 30, 2015

Today's OTHER Oz Comics!

When it rains, it pours!

  • After finding the other two earlier today, I had a hunch that there might be more in my newspaper. But I thought that would be silly, as there's no way there would be three Oz comics in one day. How wrong I was! One Big Happy came through with a possible real world encounter with an Oz character. (This one reminds me a bit of some of the problems Elphaba had in the original novel version of Wicked.
  • Then my man in Japan, Michael-sensei, came through with two more published yesterday. Could Chuckle Brothers be a possible alternate version of the excellent (and soon-to-return) comic book, The Legend of Oz: The Wicked West?
  • And finally, in one of his editorial cartoons, Mike Peters pokes fun at some recent comments by John Kasich, Ohio governor and one of the roughly 3,926 people running for the Republican nomination for President. (As a teacher myself, I can tell Mr. Kasich that if he got his way, then the nearest bar would then become the de facto teachers lounge!)

No comments: