Saturday, April 20, 2013

Today's Oz Political Cartoons

Oh dear, oh dear. I had a sneaking suspicion that there would be an Oz cartoon relating to current events that I would post here, but I was expecting one about the death of Margaret Thatcher. Instead, that one played out on the British pop charts! (In case you haven't heard, sales of "Ding, Dong, the Witch is Dead" were so big after Thatcher died that it was number three the following week!) No, it turns out that one of my favorite political cartoonists, David Horsey, managed to drag Oz into the sordid mess around the Boston Marathon bombings and reactions to it. Still, as far as conspiracy theories go, it's pretty funny.

While I'm at it, this also gave me the chance to track down this cartoon by Steve Sack in the Minneapolis Star Tribune. My local paper ran this one as well.

(Say, does anyone know if anyone did draw a cartoon about Margaret Thatcher that used "Ding, Dong, the Witch is Dead" as a tagline? I don't mean the old Doonesbury strip, but something more recent.)

No comments: