Friday, June 24, 2011

Winkie Convention Countdown: 14 Days to Go (Part 1)

Okay, I won't leave you in suspense any longer: The big event that I was looking forward to after the 1994 convention was my wedding. Yes, the weekend after the convention I got married, so that was a pretty busy July for me that year. So flash forward to the next year, 1995. I'd decided that, after the rotten time I had had the previous year, this year had to be a better convention, particularly since my new wife was with me, and I had a chance to introduce her to some of my other Oz friends (she'd already long known the Oogaboos by this point, of course). And to be honest, other than the drive, I don't remember that much else about that year's convention. So I will leave it up to my guest blogger, Laura, to continue this post in part 2, which I hope she will put up later today.

No comments: