Wednesday, August 04, 2010

Watch Oz cartoons on your computer!

Jaroo.com is a website that streams episodes of old cartoons on your computer. One of the shows they have is the old Cinar version of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz which adapted four of the Oz books. In the United States (and, so far as I can tell, the rest of the English-speaking world), it has only been released on home video as four edited movie compilations, narrated by Margot Kidder. So when I first heard about Jaroo.com, I was happy to finally see the uncut show from the beginning — only to find that they don't keep all of the episodes up and available at one time, and I'd missed the beginning. "Oh, well," I thought to myself, "they'll eventually get around to starting it up again soon."

My fellow Ozmologists, that time is now! So if you're interested but haven't already done so, go on over to www.jaroo.com/shows/about/the-wonderful-wizard-of-oz and start watching the show.

1 comment:

Michael Jones said...

I watched the first 4 and am surprised that I'd never seen them before on Canadian TV. I don't recognize any of the voice talent, but seeing Hagood Hardy in the musical credits and the theme by the Parachute Club is very nostalgic.