Monday, August 16, 2010

Listen to Oz right now!

I was doing some research for a project I'm working on (which I hope I can tell you about at some point in the future), and discovered that BBC7 is currently rerunning their 1990s radio adaptation of The Wizard of Oz. It's pretty good, and you can get it on CD and as a download, but this way it's free! "But I don't live in Britain," I can hear you say, "so there's no way I can hear it!" Oh? Then why would I even mention it? Yes, the BBC also puts its radio shows up on the Internet for anyone to hear, anywhere in the world! But there's a catch! (You just knew there would have to be a catch, wouldn't you?) Episodes are up for only a week, and it started a few days ago. So if you're interested, you have only two more days to listen to Episode 1. So don't wait, just go to www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00ph8yv and pick an episode to listen to. It's a pretty good adaptation. You can read my original review of it at thewizardofoz.info/reviews.html#bbcaudio.

No comments: