Sunday, September 21, 2008

Oz room update

It has been a very long time since we looked in on the progress of my Oz room, and it's high time I did something about it. So, here it is:



Oh, dear. It's empty! Where did everything go?

For those who may have been wondering about how quiet this blog has been of late, and some of the mysterious notes about changes in my life, it's time to let the cat out of the bag and tell you. This summer I accepted a new job in another part of the state, which meant moving almost two hundred miles away from our old place. This is probably a good move for both of us, but it has also meant that most of our summer was taken up with house hunting, packing, and all that good stuff that goes with such a big life change. But we're mostly in now. All we have to do is unload all of these boxes and find a place for everything. The good news is, I get a new Oz room. Here's a peek at what it looked like before anything came in:



So yes, I get to start all over again. This room is possibly a little smaller, but I think I can configure it a little better, as it doesn't have heat vents on the walls. It also has more outlets, which should allow for a little more flexibility in putting in electronics. It also has only one window (facing west, which is not ideal, but this house doesn't have any north facing windows), which gives me a little more wall space to play with. I also have more closet space for storing toys and games, and maybe even all of my Oz t-shirts. Yes, I'll blog about it more. First order of business is going to arrange the furniture just right, then make sure I can find all of my Oz boxes and get them in here. Then the real fun begins...

No comments: