Saturday, July 12, 2008

Off to Winkie Land!

I'm at this year's Winkie Convention right now. Since I'm an early riser and breakfast isn't until 7:30, I thought I'd take advantage of this time and catch up on my internet stuff and just let you know. I had a pretty straightforward trip yesterday, but not without some detours. I was originally going to meet Karyl at the San Francisco airport and go with her in the rental car, but her flight kept getting delayed. I finally decided to go on my own (with Karyl's knowledge), took the life-saving Monterey Airbus, and got here just before everything really got started. The big event last night? Eric Shanower put on a presentation of Oz comics, which included preview art of the new comics version of The Wonderful Wizard of Oz that he's writing (but not illustrating), coming later this year from Marvel. Woo-hoo!

No comments: