Saturday, May 24, 2008

Oz in Jeopardy! (plus a small appeal)

I'm sorry I'm so late with this one, but last week, there was another Oz reference on Jeopardy!, during the first game of the final two-game match of this year's College Tournament. In the first round, in the category Classic Movies, for $800:



Andrew Chung, a sophomore from Harvey Mudd College who went on to win the game but not the tournament, got in first with the correct response, "What is The Wizard of Oz?" Coincidentally, the game was shown on May 15, both the birthday of L. Frank Baum and the official publication date of the original book The Wonderful Wizard of Oz.

While I have your attention, I thought I'd let all of my readers know that I'm walking in the Puget Sound Race for the Cure this year, to raise money for breast cancer research and relief. If you can help out with a donation, I would greatly appreciate it. You can find out more and donate online here at my page for the Race. It's on June 21, so I'll see if I can remember to put up an update after that.

No comments: