Saturday, November 03, 2018

How Ozzy Was Halloween This Year?

We had a little lower turnout this year for Halloween than we have in recent years—we gave out only about 750 candy bars. Yes, I say "only" 750 because in the past we've given out over a thousand! What can I say, we live in a great neighborhood for trick or treating! But the big question is, did any Oz characters show up? Surprisingly, no Dorothy's this year, when we usually get two or three. But there were quite a few scarecrows (probably not Oz's Scarecrow, but close enough) and a few green-skinned witches, so not bad at all.

Meanwhile, I've seen the Wicked Halloween party concert, and it was a lot of fun, a great celebration of the show. I just wish we could have had some captions of who the other Elphabas and Galindas were during "For Good". Anyway, if you missed it, you can still watch it for a while on NBC's website. It was great seeing Kristin and Idina in action, Pentatonix did a great job with "What Is This Feeling?" (and yes, I'm pretty sure that's a man singing Glinda's part), and Ariana Grande put a lot of heart and soul into her rendition of "The Wizard and I". I hope this is an extra on the home media version of the Wicked movie once it finally comes out.

No comments: