Monday, October 29, 2018

The 31 Days of Halloween, Oz Style: Day 29

When I started this Halloween series, I had no idea that there'd actually be an Oz-themed Halloween special to report on later in the month. But we have one, and it's tonight! A Very Wicked Halloween: Celebrating 15 Years onBroadway is on NBC tonight (10:00 pm Eastern and Pacific, check your local listings, no, I have no idea if it's being shown in other countries) does just what it says. It's hosted by the original Elphaba and Galinda, Edina Menzel and Kristin Chenoweth, with appearances by Ariana Grande and Pentatonix, and looks like it should be a lot of fun. Here's a preview clip:

Unfortunately, due to circumstances, I may not get to watch it right away, so my reaction may not become part of this Halloween series of blog posts. But I am very muchlooking forward to seeing this. And I'll have more thoughts on Wicked and Oz witches in general tomorrow.

No comments: