Lots of plot points going on in this one, so I'm going to present it as a bullet-pointed list!
- Dorothy, of course, figured out a way of last episode's cliffhanger. But just as it looked like Fitz was about to get her, the Bureau of Magic shows up and arrests the Nomes. Through it all, Fitz's temper gets the best of him and he reveals that he is the Crooked Magician. Then, realizing what he's done, he kidnaps Toto and runs away with the Nomes.
- Did I mention the poppies that knocked out Ojo, Dorothy, and Toto during the chase? Fitz later uses them to keep Toto asleep.
- Miss Langwidere gives all kinds of encouragement to West, who unleashes some of her most potent magic yet (much to the annoyance of the triplets).
- Miss Langwidere also tears down Fitz for his failures again, until he tells her he has Toto.
- Ojo has a talk with his father about the Nomes and what's going on with the farm.
- It's hoagy season on the lunch pail tree!
- Reigh helps the gang get dirt on Fitz and puts out "Missing Dog" posters for Toto, all of which lead Miss Langwidere to Reigh's lair, where she returns Toto. She just has one favor to ask of Dorothy...and then the episode ends!