Thursday, July 13, 2017

Oz in Jeopardy!

The problem with real life getting in the way of all this really good stuff I want to do is that once you get to the old stuff, you may find you've forgotten something, or made a mistake and can't easily fix it. Such is the case with today's Jeopardy! clue. I had saved one episode, only to find I was a day off. The episode I needed was long gone, so I'll just have to do it the old fashioned way.

So, from the November 17, 2016 episode, the second semifinal of this season's Teen Tournament, we get this clue in the Movie Villains category of the Jeopardy! round for $400:

WE WOULDN'T BLAME THIS
"WIZARD OF OZ" VILLAIN IF SHE
HAD A SEVERE CASE OF
HYDROPHOBIA

Alec, a junior from New York, rang in first and correctly responded with "Who is the Wicked Witch of the West?" He would go on to win the game in a squeaker, and came in second in the final.

No comments: