Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Oz in Jeopardy!

I have fallen way, way behind on this. Real life will do that to you! But I hope to get caught up in the coming weeks. It didn't get off to a good start, however, when I researched the October 20, 2016 episode, as every quick overview I gave of the board didn't reveal any Oz or Ozzy category or clue. So I finally just started the episode in the background as I went on with other stuff. I thought it might have been something in the contestant interview, but that wasn't it. Finally, at the end of the Double Jeopardy! round, this clue popped up in the category A Bette Midler Medley:

Only Doug, the challenger in the middle, was brave enough to give a response—and he said, "What is Wicked?" Um, that isn't even a movie yet! (However, wouldn't Bette Midler make an awesome Madame Morrible?) Needless to say, the correct movie is Hocus Pocus. By that point, however, Doug had a comfortable enough lead that was going to win anyway, which he did.

As a bonus, even though it has nothing to do with Oz, here is the Divine Miss M herself, performing "I Put a Spell on You" live! (I love the audience's reaction when she steps out in costume.)

No comments: