Sunday, June 11, 2017

Oz in Jeopardy!

I know, I know, it has been a very long time since I've run one of these. I Have been busy, but I should be able to start getting caught up soon, and I may very well catch up by the time this year's season of Jeopardy! ends. But thanks to the Stanley Cup causing my local station to juggle their schedule, the DVR I use for my screen grabs didn't record this past Thursday's episode. So, I may as well do this one by hand.

Here's the set-up: In the Double Jeopardy! round, the first category was Prequels and Sequels. Hmm, I thought to myself, that's promising. And sure enough, the third clue uncovered in the round was for $1200, but it was the Daily Double, so defending champion Bala bet $2200. Then Alex read the clue:

THIS POPULAR 1995
GREGORY MAGUIRE
NOVEL
IS A PREQUEL
OF SORTS TO
THE "WIZARD OF OZ"
BOOKS
Of course he correctly answered, "What is Wicked?" and went from $3800 to $6000. He didn't quite make the game a runaway, but he did win, and went on to play the next day.

No comments: