Sunday, February 26, 2017

Emerald City: "The Villain That's Become"

Again, my reactions while I watch the latest episode (which I didn't bother to watch until Sunday afternoon):

  • Yup, bad idea to try to cross the Wizard, Langwidere! (Good grief, she even sleeps in a mask?)
  • I liked Lucas a lot more before he got his memory back. I think Dorothy did, too.
  • How many times has Dorothy visited the Munchkin village now? But at least she's seeing the big picture, and is taking action. But is releasing all the prisoners of the abject a good idea?
  • As much as I may rag on this show, I have really grown to enjoy Ana Ularu's portrayal of West. She may be the best witch in the show.
  • Oh, poor Langwidere. But she did what she had to do, and I doubt I wouldn't have done the same thing. But Jack is going to be scarred!
  • Okay, when Jordan Loughran glams up, she makes a really good Ozma! Nothing like we've ever seen before (come on, would it hurt to put some poppise in her hair?), but definitely looking like a queen of Oz and a powerful witch in her own right.
  • Okay, now there's a twist on Langwidere!
  • They appeared in all te trailers, but it took an awfully long time to get the stone giants up and walking!
I'll be honest, things really dragged in the middle episodes, but now that the story threads are finally starting to come together, I think I may actually be looking forward to next week's finale. It looks like there might be a decent payoff. Too bad I'm going to miss it. Next weekend I'll be at, ironically, Emerald City Comic Con. (Even more ironically, Vincent D'Onofrio is one of the guests. The timing is not going to work for me to see his talk, unfortunately.) But I will try to post my reactions to that final episode, and the entire series, as soon as I can next week.

No comments: