Monday, November 02, 2015

The Annual Halloween Report

Whoops! Forgot to report on the actual Halloween doings here. It was a surprisingly quiet Halloween, as we got only about 700 or 800. If that sounds like a lot to you, it probably is in your neighborhood. But last year, we planned for 1200, and ran out. This year, we planned for 1500, so we have quite a bit left over! (My parents-in-law were visiting, to see the excitement, and they ended up taking some of it home with them.) Since it was pretty clear early on that we were in no danger of running out, Laura gave a big ol' fistful of candy to the first Dorothy who came to the door. So, I did the same for the other two Dorothys who came by. I'm pretty sure I saw a fourth Dorothy out on the sidewalk, but she never came to our door. That may have been the same Dorothy I saw running up the street after hearing a loud banging crunch, like of an egg being thrown and broken against the side of a house, but I couldn't say with any certainty. But we had three Dorothys at the door, plus one generic scarecrow girl and a couple of lions.

No comments: