Wednesday, September 09, 2015

The Latest Oz Reading

I'm slowly working my way through the backlog of the Fables comic, before I bought my first issue with #101, through the trade paperback collections. This time around it was volume 7, Arabian Nights (and Days). The Adversary has now invaded the world of 1001 Nights and other stories from the Middle East, so Sinbad leads a group of refugees to Fabletown to look at resettling there. Let's just say the culture clash does not go well, but all eventually works out in the end. We also deal with the aftermath of Red Riding Hood's appearance, and a back-up story of forbidden love between two of the Adversary's wooden soldiers. Not a lot of Oz in this collection, although Bufkin the flying monkey makes some appearances. But man, this is good. I see why the series earned so many Eisner Awards.

No comments: