Monday, June 29, 2015

The Latest Oz Comic Book

I told you I was getting back on track! Last night I read Oz: Reign of the Witch Queen #2 and got caught up with Zenescope's barely-clothed version of Oz. When we left off, Dorothy has come across the body of the king of Oz, murdered by the recently returned Zamora (Zenescope's version of the Wicked Witch of the West and, as previously revealed, Dorothy's mother!) and Warlord. Dorothy, now that she's a witch, tries to save him, but is too late. We then see Zamora and Warlord send zombified soldiers all over Oz to sow the seeds for their forthcoming (they think) conquest. The leaders of Oz all get together to decide what to do about it all and choose Dorothy to be the new Queen. Reluctantly, she takes the job. Oh, but before that, Smynth casually tells her that his brother was her father. Yeah, yeah, lots of stuff, but as much as I'm enjoying this book, I know it's not the real Oz, so I can't take it terribly seriously. But it is the only Oz comic book out right now (oh, if only The Legend of Oz: The Wicked West could return!), so I'll keep reading it, of course.

No comments: