Thursday, June 18, 2015

Oz in Jeopardy!

Yes, it's been a little while, hasn't it? I've been busy, but now I'm not, and I have a few episodes to catch up on. So, going way back to the earliest episode I have to report on, March 11, 2015, we have not one but two clues in the Double Jeopardy! category The Emerald Aisle. Our players jumped around a little bit in this game, but towards the end of the round Jim, at the far right lectern, selected the $1200 clue and got this (and please forgive the stretched up letters, my station wasn't showing it in the right aspect ration that night):

But it was the defending champion, Penny, who rang in first and correctly responded, "Who is Frank Baum?" (although she left off the L. and pronounced his last name like "Bowm", not "Bomb") and added $1200 to her score. She then selected the same category, and got this video clue:

Green Lake Park is one reason "The Emerald City" is the nickname for this West Coast city.

This time Kristen, the challenger in the middle, got in first this time, and correctly said, "What is Seattle?" Okay, not quite an Oz clue, but it does mention The Emerald City, and those are my old stomping grounds out there. In fact, one summer when I was staying with my grandparents, I trained for a 10K race around Green Lake. Kristen, by the way, went on to win the game.

Tomorrow, another Oz in Jeopardy! post!

No comments: