Monday, December 29, 2014

Oz in Jeopardy!

It's taken me longer to get to this, thanks to my old computer slowly dying and having to get back up to speed with this new one (and my, what a difference!), but I can now get everyone up to date again with the latest from everyone's favorite answers-and-questions quiz show. So let's go way back to the first week of December, when Jeopardy! had its annual Kids' Week, with contestants aged ten to twelve. On the December 2 show, one of the categories in the Jeopardy! round was, ironically, The Lion, the Witch or the Wardrobe, in which the clue related to one of those. For $600, the clue was:

Adam, an eleven-year-old from North Carolina, rang in first and correctly responded, "What is the Lion?"

The very next day, also in the Jeopardy! round, the very first clue uncovered was in the Games category for $200:

Unfortunately, this was a triple stumper, and nobody wanted to even guess, "What is Munchkin?" (And while I'm talking about it: Hey, guys, can we get a Wizard of Oz edition of the game?)

I have one more Jeopardy1 episode to deal with, but it's going to have to wait, as this is going to be an epic post!

No comments: