Wednesday, April 02, 2014

Oz in Jeopardy!

It's been a little while since I've posted a clue from Jeopardy! here. I've been busy, but unlike last spring I've been keeping track of which ones have Oz clues. Now that I have a little breathing space in my schedule, I'll see if I can catch up a bit here. So, going way back to the January 20 episode, one of the categories in the Double Jeopardy! round was Literary Byways. They stayed away from it for most of the game, but finally revealed the $400 clue as:

Sarah, the four time defending champion, rang in first and correctly responded with, "What is Oz?" She went on to win the game in a runaway.

A few days later, in the January 24 episode (Sarah was gone by now, having won a total of six games), one of the Double Jeopardy! categories was Before and After At The Movies. Before and After is a popular category in both Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune that runs two phrases together, with the last word or two being the first word or two of the next one. So, for $1600, this clue was revealed:

Nobody wanted to try to guess, "What is 'Rama Lama Ding Dong the Witch Is Dead'?" (Heck, I don't recall that I even wanted to try that one when I first saw it!)

Finally (for now), on the February 19 show, which was the third semifinal of this year's College Championship, Kevin, a junior from the University of California at Berkeley, uncovered the Daily Double in the Jeopardy! round, under the $800 clue in the category State Lines. He wagered $1000, and got this clue:

He correctly responded with, "What is 'not in Kansas anymore'?" Sadly, however, he did not win the game, and did not go on to play for the championship.

I have two more clues, from much more recent games, that I hope will be up soon. I just need some technical assistance to get them.

No comments: