Friday, August 03, 2012

A New Book for a Good Cause

I have a little souvenir of this year's Winkie Convention next to me right now that I want to share with all of you. It was my prize for winning the costume contest (another story, maybe I'll tell you about that later), and it's surprising that this book hasn't gotten out there and isn't more well known among the greater Oz community. It's a slim little volume called Tales Told from Oz, it's by Gregory Maguire, and it appears to be to his Wicked Years books what The Tales of Beedle the Bard is to the Harry Potter books. It's a series of old Ozzish tales, told in all parts of Maguire's version of Oz at many different points in its history. What's especially nice about this book is that it's cheap, and it benefits the Friends of the West Hartford Library. This was a library that was devastated by Hurricane Irene, and was forced to close (although I gather it's back in business now). I'm all for this sort of thing, so I thought I'd do what I could to get the word out about this book. So, if you're intrigued, go take a look at the book's page. If you're interested and can help, you can probably afford a copy or two. If not, then at least spread the word.

No comments: