Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Oz in Jeopardy! Live edition

I went to try out (again!) for Jeopardy! today, and guess what? An Oz clue popped up! Now, because of the nature of this event, I am, strictly speaking, not allowed to discuss this. However, since this was not part of the process that I'm pretty sure they were talking about, and it was in the category Seattle, which I doubt they're going to use in the tryout process again any time soon, then I think I'm safe. I don't remember the exact wording, but it was something along the lines of "Nickname for Seattle; Dorothy wanted to go there, too." Of course, the correct response was "What is the Emerald City?" Of course I raised my hand, but I'd already answered one, so they naturally picked someone else — who got it right, of course.

And before anyone asks, no, I don't know if or when I'll be on the show. Since they get a pool of about two thousand potential contestants every year, and only need about four hundred, odds are good I won't be picked. However, if I am, I'll be sure to let you know!

No comments: