Sunday, July 11, 2010

Sunday Sketch

Here's another Oz drawing from my comic con sketchbook. This one is from the great Stan Sakai, the creator, writer, and artist of Usagi Yojimbo. This is the epic tale of a ronin samurai in a version of feudal Japan that just happens to be inhabited by anthropomorphic animals. Usagi is a rabbit who wanders the countryside and has many adventures. This was the first sketch I got when I attended my first (and so far only) Comic Con International in San Diego in 2001. And here it is!



If you want to see more of Stan's Oz-related work, he did a version of Oz in the annual Halloween issue of The Simpsons comic a few years ago, called "I'm Not in Springfield Anymore". Lisa gets conked on the head, and has a dream where... Oh, you get the idea. It's in the collection The Simpsons Treehouse of Horror Fun-Filled Frightfest.

No comments: