Saturday, April 24, 2010

Oz on the BBC

I've had the opportunity to watch some of the early episodes of the new BBC series Over the Rainbow. It's an American Idol-style talent search for an actress to play Dorothy in a West End production of The Wizard of Oz, and it's a lot of fun. But man, I am really glad that I am not one of the judges, nor the British general public who is voting one of the Dorothys out each week, because they are all very talented, and just about any one of the them could play Dorothy. To be sure, there are a couple who just don't quite fit the part, and a couple who have a few weaknesses that will probably eventually trip them up, but overall, I'm not at all unhappy, as I think whoever wins will be great in the part.

If you're interested in seeing some clips or getting more information, check out the website at www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b00rd98s. If you want to see whole episodes, talk to me at the Winkie Convention this summer, and I may have a surprise for you...

No comments: