Sunday, November 15, 2009

Oz reading update

I'm getting back into a cycle of Oz reading here again very soon, so I thought I'd peview that with two recent-ish acquisitions.


  • First up, we discovered a gap in the comics, so I went ahead and ordered Land of Oz: The Manga #4 straight from the publishers. This issue includes Mr. H. M. Wogglebug, T. E., entering the scene, and the field mice making their entrance (and exit), with the inevitable results. Good stuff here, and I really hope David Hutchison and Antarctic Press go ahead with Ozma of Oz: The Manga, even if it would be competing with Marvel's adaptations. I think there's room for more than one interpretation, and I would buy them both.
  • The other recent read is the latest issue of The Baum Bugle, the journal of the International Wizard of Oz Club, which arrived yesterday and I finished well before bedtime. This is the Bugle's once-a-decade-on-its-anniversary issue devoted to the famous MGM movie version, and after seventy years they still managed to find new material. (Can I just say, thank goodness that Ogden Nash's version wasn't the version of the script they made?) I'll have details of this on my website's news page soon.

No comments: