Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The latest Oz reading

I just finished We're Not in Kansas Anymore: Strategies for Retiring Rich in a Totally Changed World by Walter Updegrave last night. It's pretty much what it says it is: A book of financial planning advice for retirement. Yes, there are a few nods to an Oz theme, but often it's along the lines of, "Dorothy did it this way, but you'll want to take a different approach." Eh. Other than the cover and a few references, it's not an Oz book at all, and most Oz fans can give it a pass. It was a good read for me, however, precisely because I've needed to read a book like this for some time. I have little saved up yet, but I'm getting into a position where I can start socking it away, and while it would be nice to have a nice large nest egg now, at least I'm not in horrible shape and it's still doable.

No comments: