Sunday, July 20, 2008

Donny and Marie in Oz

Last weekend, I got to talking to one of the younger set at the Winkie Convention, who mentioned the Wizard of Oz sketch from the old Donny and Marie show. He was quite happy when I validated him in that it actually did happen. In fact, here's a compilation of clips:



Yes, that's Paul Lynde playing the Wicked Witch, and I wish whoever put this together had included the whole thing, and not just his/her scenes. For the record, the rest of the cast, who you can see in there to varying degrees, were Marie Osmond as Dorothy, Ray Bolger as the Scarecrow, Lucille Ball as the Tin Woman, Paul Williams as the Cowardly Lion, and Donny Osmond as the Wizard. I just wanted to see if there was some evidence of it out there, to yet again reassure that guy (and now I can't remember who it was, but I know it was one of two of the next up-and-coming generation of Oz fanatics). But if anyone knows where, if anywhere, the whole thing is available on the internet, I'd love to see it again myself.

No comments: