Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Update on updating...

If it isn't one thing, it's another. I haven't been able to say much lately due to the following chain of events:


  • The convention: Although I had access on the trip and at Asilomar, it was infrequent, and of course I was doing convention stuff.
  • Net going out: When we got home, we found that our connection kept going in and out.
  • Tummy troubles: Now it seems I've picked up some kind of bug, and I don't feel like doing much of anything (although I'm feeling better now, at least, and I think another day's rest ought to do it).
  • The heat: Although I've been mostly inside lately, we've hit some all-time record high temperatures around here, and it's keeping me from being at my best.

The good news is, most of this is going to clear up soon, and I can get back on track and tell you all what happened at the convention — I hope. But just to get it down at last, I can at least mention that this year's L. Frank Baum Memorial Award, given by the Oz Club for lifetime achievement in Ozziness, went to Nancy Tystad Koupal, editor of the collection of Baum's Our Landlady columns, a major researcher into the Dakota days of L. Frank Baum, and organizer of the Aberdeen Oz Festival inAberdeen, South Dakota. An excellent choice, in my opinion.

No comments: