Saturday, August 19, 2006

My latest Oz acquisitions, part 1

I just got my latest Amazon.com gift certificate for selling stuff through my website, and so I naturally ordered a bunch of stuff. And this time, I went for lots of cheap stuff, much of it used or otherwise second-hand. So I'll go ahead and keep a running tally here, as there are quite a few. So far, I've received:


  • The "authorized" Baum Trust edition of Ozma of Oz. I'll just read the essays in the front, as I think I know what's in the rest of the book by now.
  • The CD The Best of the Muppets featuring The Muppets' Wizard of Oz. This is basically the soundtrack album for last year's big Ozzy Muppet special, but as that only had four full-blown songs, they've padded it with a couple of short musical riffs and a few classic Muppet songs. So now I have "The Rainbow Connection," "It's Not Easy Bein' Green" and "Mahna Mahna" downloaded to my computer. Those three songs along may have been worth the price I paid!
  • I've had the Adventures in Oz workout set for some time now, but for whatever reason I never got around to opening the videocassettes and seeing what the whole workout was about. But now that I have the DVD, I can see it all more clearly. Hmm, this may be a good way for me to shed a few excess pounds...

No comments: