Monday, July 03, 2006

Cleaning up the Oz room

I have decided to take on a long overdue and long neglected job: I'm cleaning out my Oz room and sorting through everything. I've been collecting Oz stuff for over thirty years now, and as you can imagine that's a lot of stuff. And I think it's been at least a decade since I went through some of these boxes. I'm finding all kinds of surprises, and I can now actually see the floor and access my closet. (Fortunately, when I got there, it did not go all Fibber McGee on me, which is a good sign, I think.) I still have a box of miscellane-Oz to sort through, and two boxes full of just papers and the like to organize, but I already feel like I've accomplished something, and it's only going to get better. One large box is full of just magazines, which I hope to inventory, along with all of the comic books and issues of The Baum Bugle and Oziana that are already organized. I also found calendars going back to 1979, which I've decided I will add to my books inventory (some of them have ISBNs, after all). That, along with all of the other books I found and the stuff I haven't read yet, may just push the inventory close to nine hundred!

My goal was to just get a little bit done each day this summer, and it's working out very well. Once I get things tidied up a bit, then I can see about getting some shelves and file boxes to put them all on!

No comments: