Thursday, May 11, 2006

Oh my freaking wow!

I'm absolutely stunned. Yesterday, I got five new Oz books! That doesn't happen very often at all. It's been an extremely long time since I've gotten that many books in one day, outside of a convention or Amazon order. So, what came?


  • The Wizard of Oz Movie Storybook, part of my latest Amazon order and the only one I ordered used this time around. (I've just been told the rest has shipped, and should be arriving soon.)
  • Annabel and The Daring Twins, both of them new reprints from Hungry Tiger Press. The Daring Twins has been retitled The Secret of the Lost Fortune, for some reason. Let's hope for a reprint of Phoebe Daring soon as well.
  • The two latest books from Tails of the Cowardly Lion and Friends, Time in Oz by Jeremy Steadman and The Haunted Hot Tub of Oz by Chris Dulabone.

There would have been a sixth if the printers had cooperated, but there was a notice from Hungry Tiger Press that the graphic novel reprint of the Wlater Spouse "Wonderland of Oz" comic strip adaptation of The Emerald City of Oz has been delayed. I hope this one is a success, so that they will reprint the rest of the books that Spouce adapted in the 1930s.

Right, I'd better stop writing and get on to reading them, then.

No comments: