Sunday, November 13, 2005

More new thingies

Wouldn't you know, right after I put up that last blog entry, a nice driver form UPS came with another box full of goodies. One thing in there was the first season of the Wonder Woman TV series on DVD -- which has nothing to do with Oz, I just thought I'd mention it. The two Ozzy items were the 3-disk DVD set of The Wizard of Oz — you know, the famous 1939 movie version with Judy Garland, et. al. I took a gander at all three disks, and this is going to be a lot of fun to go through in depth. I'm particularly interested in hearing the commentary track. And I've been pleasantly surprised at how many people I know are on it. The other new thingy is Memories Of A Munchkin: An Illustrated Walk Down The Yellow Brick Road by Meinhardt Raabe. Meinhardt is probably best known for moving his lips to the words, "As coroner, I must aver, I've thoroughly examined her. And she's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead." Yup, he was the Coroner, and also one of the original "Little Oscar" chefs for Oscar Mayer ads. He's had an interesting career, and I'm looking forward to reading the book. But it's still in the to-read pile...

Really, I hope to have pictures of my witch legs up here soon. This ought to be fun...

No comments: