Sunday, September 11, 2005

I got it today, much to my surprise

Today, I picked up the DVD of The Muppets' Wizard of Oz. I hadn't really meant to, but I've been asked to review it for the Bugle, and there it was at Costco at a pretty reasonable price, so I went for it. I'm looking forward to seeing the extra twenty minutes that weren't on television (including Kelly Osbourne's cameo) and the extras. It looks like the extras are some bloopers (always a treat when the Muppets are involved), a behind-the-scenes making-of special featuring one of my favorite new Muppets, Pepe the Shrimp King Prawn, and Pepe interviewing Quentin Tarantino. Frankly, I think Pepe needs to get his own talk show! Sadly, no commentary track, it appears, but the biggest injustice of all? Frank Oz wasn't involved! Yup, there are now new Muppeteers doing Miss Piggy and Fozzie, and they're pretty good, but this was one production custom made for a guy whose last name is Oz! Oh, well. I'll let you know what I think once I get a good look at it.

No comments: