Monday, November 12, 2018

This Week's Oz Short Story

Next up in The Lost Tales of Oz is "The Scrap Bag Circus of Oz" by M. A. Berg. This is a short little slice-of-life tale in which the Sawhorse and the Patchwork Girl discover a circus made up of stuffed animals. And it turns out they're related to Scraps, since Margolotte made all of them, too, not realizing that some Powder of Life had gotten into her bag of stuffing! She gave the toys away to children, but the mothers weren't too happy about independent toys that didn't always want to snuggle with the children at bedtime, so they struck out on their own and formed a circus. Not much else happens, except Scraps and the Sawhorse get to see a performance. It's a nice little story, and a pleasant little breather before the epic tale of—no, that would be telling. But I'm not certain that I can read it before the end of next weekend, so I may have to skip a week. (I know, every time I say that I figure out a way to squeeze one in, but I can't promise that I can do that every week!)

No comments: